Thursday, December 23, 2021

(TV SERIES) Hawkeye Season 1 - Plenty of Fun Superhero Series from Marvel with Some Cool Old Fashion Action & Wonderful for Christmas

As a series that focused on one of the least developed character in MCU, this one was something that I looked forward to since I like Hawkeye quite a lot (especially my wife who is a major fan). Like other series released on Disney+, I had to wait till the whole season complete to have a better experience in watching it. The last episode was shown yesterday but I started watching the series a day before, so I managed to finish it quite early. All right, let us get into it then.

Brief Story Line

After saving the world, Clint Barton aka Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner - Arrival, The Hurt Locker etc) was trying to have fun and celebrate Christmas with his family in New York city, while his wife Laura (Linda Cardellini - Hunter Killer, Green Book etc) stayed home. However, when a young woman named Kate Bishop (Hailee Steinfeld - Bumblebee, Dickinson TV series etc) was involved in something related to his past, Clint decided to help her. 

Kate herself was drawn into the dangerous stuff and must face the Tracksuit mafia led by Maya Lopez (Alaqua Cox) and her right hand man Kazi (Fra Fee). The incident made Kate's mother Eleanor (Vera Farmiga - Godzilla II: King of MonstersThe Commuter etc) as well as her boyfriend Jack Duquesne (Tony Dalton - Better Call Saul TV series etc) worried.

So how would the story conclude? You can find them all in this exciting superhero series.

End of Brief Story Line

Well that was an interesting series. At first I felt that it was a bit light with strong family friendly feel, especially looking at the character Clint Barton hanging out with his family in New York few days before Christmas, plus the introduction of Kate Bishop. The first & second episode were pretty fun, showing the dynamic between the two main characters, especially when you look at Kate meeting Clint for the first time (I am sure you would experience the same feeling like her if you manage to meet up with such person in your life). 

However, for me things got really exciting once I reached the 3rd episode. That I think was one of the best episodes as it was fantastic, filled with some cool action sequence that would justify the quite high budget of the series. As the story progressed, there were few surprises, although not all were shocking since we might have known or got the hint from other MCU movies. But the one totally surprising twist that I never thought was in the fifth episode. It was an absolute thrill and got me even more ecstatic.

Sadly though, when I finally reached the last episode and hoping for a spectacular grand finale, it did not truly satisfy me. Yes there were some major fights involving many people and some of them were indeed amazing. For me though, one of those fights was not exciting enough as I could have guessed the outcome, while another one finished in a bit over simplified manner. Nevertheless, I still enjoyed the episode as it has a satisfying ending. Not sure if there would be a second season as this was said to be a Mini Series. If they decide to make another season, I am definitely game. 

Btw, just like in other Marvel series, there was a mid end credit scene in the final episode. However, I was disappointed with it as it was unlike what I had hoped for. Anyway, I also read the news that there would be a spin-off series based on the character Maya Lopez titled Echo in the future. And should there be characters from this series appearing on that one, it would definitely be interesting. 

Overall this is an entertaining series from Marvel. It is fun, has got some cool actions with some good special effects. It has engaging characters especially the two lead cast Jeremy Renner and Hailee Steinfeld (who I think was really fitting as Kate Bishop), while the rest of the cast did their job well enough. The Christmas setting with many familiar accompanying songs also added the festive feeling, especially as it is just around the corner. Despite having actions, they were not the violent type and it even have a rather light and humorous feel as well. So if you like the character Hawkeye, I am sure you would be satisfied with this series. For those who want to see another side of him and a different kind of superhero (not the ones with super power), you are definitely going to like this one.

Happy watching!

Mike's movie moments rating: 4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment