Monday, July 18, 2022

Till Death - Quite Interesting Thriller with a bit Diabolical Plot

After being released for more than a week, I finally watched this movie on HBO Go. Not that I was not interested, but more towards waiting for the right time as it was already in my to watch list. Well anyway, let's get started then.

Brief Story Line

To celebrate their 11th anniversary, Emma (Megan Fox - Night Teeth, Jennifer's Body etc) and her husband Mark (Eoin Macken - La Brea TV series, Resident Evil: The Final Chapter etc) went to a secluded lake house and spend the night there. 

Unfortunately for Emma, she woke up the next day being handcuffed to her dead husband. And to make matters worse, there were a couple of criminals Bobby Ray (Callan Mulvey - Bleeding Steel, Children of the Corn etc) and Jimmy (Jack Roth) who came to the lake house with their own agenda.

So how would the story conclude? You can find them all in this thriller movie.

End of Brief Story Line

When I read the brief synopsis of the movie, I was really intrigued as it had a very interesting premise. So when I began watching this, frankly I was a bit impatient since the early part was very slow and took too long to my personal opinion. It also bothered me after looking at the duration which was only 1 hour 26 minutes, especially since I had to wait for a quarter of the movie before it get interesting. 

After we got to that part, the story was more of raising curiosity how it would end up rather than thrilling. Not until we are half way through the movie that it started to become more suspenseful and intense. It was definitely better & more exciting and I was very satisfied with the ending too. I got to hand it to Megan Fox as she managed to pull it off in portraying Emma in the second half. Not the early part though, as I thought she did not really have convincing chemistry with Mark and Tom (Aml Ameen - Sense8 TV series etc).

To my surprise though, this movie was quite highly regarded by critics as they praised Megan Fox performance and S. K. Dale direction (in his directorial debut). I personally felt that the movie would have been more enjoyable if the early part was done a bit faster and did not take that long to reach to the good part. It would have been a lot more entertaining if we have more of the intense moments. Luckily the suspense was steadily kept till the end, otherwise I might have been disappointed with the film. Btw, there was no mid or post end credit scenes here in case you are wondering.

For a movie that has a simple and rather twisted story, this one was actually quite good. I did have fun watching it and the action was not bad either. The movie had some graphic violence and strong language through out which explained the R rating in the US, while in HBO it was classified for 16+. So if you are fans of movie with a bit of diabolical plot combined with survival story, then you would be able to enjoy it. But if you are like me who prefer an almost nonstop thrill/suspense, then this might just be OK enough.  

Mike's movie moments rating: 3 out of 5 stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment