Saturday, March 6, 2021

Sentinelle - Another Disappointing Action Movie Starring Olga Kurylenko

There was a new movie that was released on Friday in Netflix which I had seen the trailer few times earlier and made me quite excited as the premise seemed to promise lots of action. So I gave this a try last night. OK without further ado, let's get into the film now.

Brief Story Line

Klara (Olga Kurylenko - Hold Your Breath, The November Man etc) a soldier who was part of OpĂ©ration Sentinelle was sent back to her home town in Paris after a major incident in the post where she was stationed. Suffering from PTSD, Klara started to develop a bad habit which would influence her job.

When her younger sister Tania (Marilyn Lima - Bang Gang (A Modern Love Story, Skam France TV Series etc) was assaulted by some Russian guy who has link to wealthy businessman, Klara decided to take matters in her own hands.

So how would the story conclude? You can find it in this movie.

End of Brief Story Line

OK that was pretty disappointing. As I said above, I was expecting some good action especially with the idea of watching Olga Kurylenko fight against some bad guys. I thought that her action skill was fantastic in The Courier even if I was not happy with the story telling. Sadly though this one was equally upsetting.

First of all, the pacing was too slow. There was no excitement or suspense in the early part (except the scene in the beginning) and to be honest I felt asleep few times until I decided to stop watching the movie. At first I thought it might be due to me feeling tired last night. So I watched it again this afternoon but somehow I dozed off again two times. Not until reaching half hour mark that the story started to develop a bit. And even then I had to wait till half way to get to the exciting part. To make matters worse, the movie itself only has 80 minutes duration including closing credit, which meant there were little action I could have hoped for.

Olga Kurylenko again showed her good fight skills in here but it would be a sad thing if she is restricted to this kind of poor quality action movie since it would not enhance her career. Comparing this movie to The Courier, this one might have a better story but I prefer that one in term of action. Btw, I thought the film would be some kind of tribute to the soldiers deployed for OpĂ©ration Sentinelle, but they were just some sort of background which made me feel it has a misleading title. It might even be insulting to those guys (to my personal opinion) and maybe better to have different title. 

Despite all those minuses, I was at least satisfied with the conclusion, even if there was a small detail that was not shown and raised a question mark for me. Oh before I forgot, this movie was categorized for 18+ due to some nudity and violence. So if you are looking for action movie about revenge, I think there are a lot more better movies out there. But if you are a fan of Olga, then you might be able to enjoy it just for the pleasure of looking her kick ass. The choice is yours.

Mike's movie moments rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment