Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Okay! Madam - Hilarious Action Comedy Movie

I noticed this movie was only released in Indonesian theaters almost 2 weeks ago, so I was surprised when I saw a tweet promoting TVN Movies channel new release in November which included this. I forgotten about it on the Saturday when it premiered, but luckily it was shown again on Sunday noon. I watched it by myself as my wife decided to watch it herself during weekdays. OK here's more on the movie.

Brief Story Line

A married couple Mi-young (Uhm Jung-hwa - Tidal Wave, Dancing Queen etc) who sold bread sticks and her husband Seok-hwan (Park Sang-woong - When the Devil Calls Your Name TV series, New World etc) who opened computer repair shop, won the prize for a trip to Hawaii. Together with their young daughter Na Ri (Jung Soo-bin), they went for their first trip abroad. 

Unfortunately though, their supposedly fun trip turned into something dangerous when a group of people led by Cheol-Seung (Lee Sang-yoon - Life is Beautiful, Whisper TV series etc) hijacked the plane on a mission to capture a rogue agent. Funnily enough, Mi-young and Seok-hwan were somehow involved in an effort to fight the hijackers and safe the plane with the help from one of the flight attendant Hyun-min (Bae Jeong-nam - Mr. Zoo: The Missing VIP etc).

So what would happen to all of them? Find them all in this hilarious action comedy movie.

End of Brief Story Line

Ever since I saw the teaser trailer, I already could see that this would be a fun movie that my wife and I would enjoy. So I was really happy that the movie did deliver as hinted. It was filled with various funny moments and what amazed me was the action sequence in here were done quite amazingly. Now I am not sure if the stunts were done by themselves but either way, they were very well made.

The comedy here were largely involving the lead characters Mi-young (brilliantly played by Uhm Jung-hwa) as well as her on screen husband Seok-hwan (who was equally convincingly portrayed by Park Sang-woong). They provided nice chemistry and truly believable as a couple who had been married for years. And since the story was mostly located in the hijacked plane, obviously there were a lot of other passengers and flight crews. They also provided some funny moments, such as the person sitting beside Seok-hwan or one of the hijackers who was to provide technical support. In addition, I think some of them might be familiar to hard core fans of Korean drama like my wife (will check with her if that's the case once she has watched it).

I have been quite accustomed to hilarious action comedy Korean movies and this one was one of those that I enjoyed a lot. The premise was not too complicated but there was a truly surprising twist which I did not see coming. The characters were generally likable. This time though, I thought the melodramatic moment was surprisingly brief, but I believe it would still make my wife in tears. However, I think there was a scene that for me seemed to be defying physics law a bit towards the end. Other than that, everything were OK. Oh there were few brief mid end-credit scenes that were quite funny.

Overall, this was a fun movie. It was a film that provided me some laugh out loud moments and definitely brightened up my day. There was no overcomplicated plot, just pure fun. Audience looking for such attributes would be entertained by this movie. But if you are looking for a totally intense suspenseful airplane hijack film, then this one is not for you. So if you are still uncomfortable going to the cinemas yet, then you can watch it on TVN movie channel, otherwise you can certainly go to the theaters as some of them are still playing this movie. The choice is yours.

Mike's movie moments rating: 4 out of 5 stars  

No comments:

Post a Comment