Friday, November 9, 2018

He's Out There - A Better Than Expected Terrifying Horror Movie

This was one of the two movies playing only in the smaller Indonesian cinema chains. I got the chance to see this last night, but I saw it by myself as it was a horror movie. However, I thought it did not seem like a very scary one so I still wanted to give it a try. Well let's get down to the movie now.

Brief Story Line

Laura (Yvonne Strahovski - The Predator, Chuck TV series etc), and her two young children Kayla (Anna Pniowsky) and Madison (Abigail Pniowsky) were on their way for holiday at a remote lake house. Laura's husband Shawn (Justin Bruening - Knight Rider remake, All My Children TV series etc) was coming a bit later as he had some things he had to attend to. 

While Laura was taking a rest, the girls wandered around the woods and found something they did not share with their mother. During the night, things started to get creepy as sounds coming from outside and on the second floor as well. Getting real panic, Laura tried to find help, only to find that her effort was futile, especially since no one was around in the area to help them.


So who or what was disturbing Laura and the kids? Find them all in this horror movie.

End of Brief Story Line

Ok, to my surprise, this was one heck of a scary movie. At first I thought that it would be not too frightening one, but it turned out that after the introduction for around 20 minutes, the movie started to get creepy and really suspenseful, especially when it was starting to get dark at night. The horror was actually a bit standard with some occasional jump scares, but what really got to me was the real terror that we felt during the time Laura and the girls were in the worst kind of situation. It was truly something that audience definitely could sensed.

As a horror movie, it did not have a lot of special effects and even the supposed horrifying thing was not that scary when finally appeared. Its main focus was not to make us frightened by the horrific supernatural images, but more towards the terrorizing and haunting towards these people. And to be honest, I was a bit dissatisfied with the last 10 minutes of the movie, since the mystery and the scariness was no longer there. Oh, one more thing that I think might be annoying for people would be the constant screaming of the girls (yes we know that they were very little kids and it was understandable, but perhaps they can be reduced down a notch).

Apart from the screaming, I actually thought that these kids played their part quite nicely. The older daughter Kayla seemed really caring to her sister, which I think should not come as a surprise since they were sisters in real life. Yvonne Strahovski played her role perfectly as a mother bent on protecting her children. The movie also had a nice opening scene which I thought created the creepy sense and it did have a good ending. There was no mid or post end credit scene in the film.

Overall I thought this was a nice horror movie. It would give you the terror sense at least for 1 hour. I actually enjoyed this movie more than I thought I would be. It's too bad though that it did not get too much attention. So if you are looking for a good terrifying horror movie, then you could give this one a try. It's currently still playing in several Indonesian cinemas. And if you do see this one, I hope you are as entertained as I was.

Mike's movie moments rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment